MARPOLE OAKRIDGE COMMUNITY CENTRE
990 West 59th Ave, @ Oak Street, Vancouver, B.C.
Good morning and Happy New Year
I hope everyone had a nice holiday.
It was so nice to spend so much quality time with Cameron..my newly retired husband.
I am still working and plan to retire June 10th.
It doesn’t look like I will be able to offer any dance classes for the next session.
As I am still working, I need to control the number of activities that I can participate in and when the centre is open, I will be at work.
I dance in front of the TV many hours a week and play my pipes by myself.
My band has no plans of getting together any time soon.
Below is a message from the community centre.
I will keep in touch. I miss you all very much.
We are still going ahead with Winter 2021 program plans, but still with many safety procedures in-place. Unfortunately Centre operations haven’t been able to progress past our Sept reopening restrictions.
– Looking to offer a short set of programs from Monday January 11 – Saturday February 13
– Hours of Operation will still be reduced Monday/Wednesday/Friday 9am-7pm, Tuesday/Thursday 9am-5:30
– Lower number of participants in large spaces
– No shared equipment
– No changing rooms or water fountains
– Increased cleaning procedures still in-place
– Stagger program start and end times
– No drops-in
– Masks are now mandatory within the facility. Can be removed when participating in sports and health activities and does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
– Marpole has been testing a virtual programming option using the Webex platform. The instructor would need to be onsite and the participant would access via Webex. The program would have access to the COV laptop and staff onsite would assist with set-up.